We live in an era where making time is almost challenging. Thus, people opt for online degree programs instead of attending on-campus classes. Studying online saves a lot of time. It is suitable for those who work a part-time job to support their families. The online teaching system saves students time.
Furthermore, a classroom setting is indeed far better than an online environment for prospective students. But we can’t say an online degree is not worth it. The gist of this article is to identify if an online degree is worth it or not. Employers nowadays don’t judge based on an online degree. Instead, they focus on skills, which is far better.
Skills are the actual proof of what you claim to be capable of. The online education system is best because of its flexible timings. This allows students to work part-time.
Get a Degree From an Accredited College
Your choice of online schools plays an essential role in making your degree worth more. Check if your school or college is accredited before you submit your application.
Certain reputable accreditation agencies are currently operational. The purpose of these agencies is to identify the quality of education given. Furthermore, they make sure that education meets the desired standards.
These factors get checked through the success rate of graduate students. Further, the quality of education acts as a contributing factor in making schools accredited.
Regionally accredited schools have more value as compared to nationally accredited schools. Thus, try to get admitted to a regionally accredited school or college.
Employers appreciate and consider degrees from an accredited school deserving.
Online Degree: Insight of Employers
Many employers treat online degrees with the same respect as traditional. But, many employers consider it essential to have a 4-year traditional degree.
It is a fact that traditional degrees land you in great jobs. But online degrees save time and are convenient. Online degrees are still a new thing. It will take a little time to grasp the idea of it for some employers.
Here’s how the employers feel about online degrees:
1. An online degree shows the organized and motivated side of you. It convinces the employer into thinking that the candidate has potential.
2. About 60% of HR considers online degrees equal to a traditional one. While the rest still have traditional values, they don’t want to abandon.
3. About 50% of people think that most degrees will get completed online shortly.
4. An online degree is not immediately recognized. Employers usually find out about online degrees when interviewing the candidate.
5. A majority believes that online education is much effective than physical education. Though many contradict this theory, the future will decide if it’s true or not.
6. The majority of employers will praise your time organization skills.
Why Respect Online Degree
More and more people have started choosing online degree over traditional. It is still new enough to be doubtful about it. Many companies even don’t accept online degrees being equal to traditional ones.
But over a short period, online degrees will get the recognition they deserve. Furthermore, there are many reasons why online education is effective than on-campus classes. Some of those reasons are:
· Students perform much better in online classes as there are no distractions. While in physical classes, distractions are countless.
· They give extra time to students that work part-time jobs to support their families.
· In some cases, online education may be much cheaper than a physical one.
· Students learn a lot more in online classes than in classrooms.
The time when the whole education system will shift online is just around the corner. Many firms are considering online degree holders. It won’t be long before online degrees get the respect they deserve.
To sum up, Online education is making strides nowadays, mainly due to COVID-19. In the future, many will choose online education over physical due to many reasons.
Furthermore, if you look forward to working in a reputable firm, get a degree from an accredited college. Degrees from accredited colleges are much higher in value.