The USA is well-known for its excellence in academics all over the world. It provides top-notch master’s degrees to postgraduates in a wide range of specializations. You may know about the USA’s two-year master’s program well, but this country also delivers impressive and accelerated one-year master’s degree programs. It extensively helps postgraduates who want to quickly enter practical life, find a job, and set up a career. Such a program adds to their skills and value, which allows them to find their dream job within no time! Let’s learn how to get into a one year masters programs in the USA.
Why choose the USA to study masters
Doing a Master’s education in the U.S. is an incredible opportunity that one should never miss! It strengthens our work profile, enhancing your chances of landing an outstanding job. Here is a list of advantages that comes with studying masters in the USA:
- If you are a STEM major, you are more likely to receive a 17-month work visa and your M.S. in STEM courses.
- Earning a master’s degree in the USA betters your research and financing chances because the U.S. spends a hefty sum of money to improve this educational sector.
- Once you finish your M.S. Here, you can look for a teaching assistant (TA) or research assistant (RA) job. Working part-time as a T.A. allows you to earn nearly $500 – $1200 while R.A.s make about $1500 per month.
- Scholarship provided to M.S. students is around $10,000 for one year.
How much does it cost for a one-year master’s program in the United States?
The cost of your one-year master’s program in the USA is proportional to the location of your university. A University in the city costs twice the cost of a university in a rural area. Here is an average of the costs that public and private university demands:
· Public State University: $35,000 to $45,000
· Private State University: $65,000 to $75,000
What are the required documents for One Year master in the USA
Applying for M.S. in the states is a long process, especially for international students. They have to provide a long list of documents to get into the university. Here is a list of essential required documents:
- Mark sheets
- Letter of recommendation
- Financial statement
Are one-year accelerated master’s degrees difficult?
These days, many accelerated one-year master’s programs are switching to online courses instead of in-person ones. However, such online courses have the same curriculum and structure. It gives working students a chance to keep their jobs while earning an M.S. degree.
The accelerated speed and academic pressure of a one-year Master’s program can be overwhelming for students. But good time management and planning create many opportunities for you to shine. Such a course usually comprises an eight or sixteen-week semester.
Top 5 universities for one year masters programs in the USA
We have listed down the top five universities of the U.S. that offers the best one-year master’s program:
1. University of North Texas
2. Arkansas State University
3. Western Carolina University
4. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley
5. The Permian Basin University of Texas
A fast-track one year Master’s Program can be stressful and require extra attention, but it also has many plus points. Such programs are decent as a career kick-starter and add importance to your overall professional experience. In addition, you can also engage your leadership and skills through it.